Newlyn Fermentary and I have collaborated to bring you a hands-on Summer fermentation workshop that will equip you with the knowledge to make a wide array of seasonal ferments including chilli sauce, apple cider vinegar, lacto-fermented tomatoes, gherkins and kimchi. Alongside the demos and workshops we’ll serve a boozy lunch prepared by myself and the team using locally sourced seasonal produce from in and around Newlyn. You will also be given a Newlyn Fermentary hamper to take away.
Check out Newlyn Fermentary’s website to purchase tickets here.
- Introduction to the history and science behind lacto-fermentation.
- Demos and recipe cards for chilli sauce, apple cider vinegar, shrubs, lacto-fermented tomatoes and gherkins
- Newlyn Fermentary Kimchi Workshop where you will make your own kilo of kimchi to take away.
- Refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
- Enjoy a mini Newlyn Fermentary hamper take away.
- A fermented 10 mile lunch will be prepared on the day by Tom using mostly locally sourced seasonal produce from in and around Newlyn
Lacto-ferments: champagne tomatoes, gherkins, kimchi
Smoked fish and horseradish clotted cream
Crushed new potatoes, miso-butter, mint
Summer leaves with apple cider vinegar
Sourdough bread, cultured butter
Limoncello, water kefir cocktail